Welcome to Medium! We’ll do our best to help you understand everything so you can feel good about using and contributing to Medium.
Use of the Site
You may use this site solely for personal and non-commercial purposes. That is to say: You can’t use the site to make a living or for any other purpose or in any other manner unless you enter into a separate written agreement with us that says you can. You may download and print a single copy of the content of the site solely for your personal, non-commercial use and provided that you do not delete or modify any copyright or other proprietary notice. Keep in mind that all applicable laws, rules and regulations and any agreements or terms with third parties to which you are subject still apply.
In order to comprehensively cover your community, the site contains information on businesses, establishments, public services and other third parties, as well as news, feature stories, images, video, audio and other materials. The site may provide you with other ways to access and use such information and materials for instance, we give you the option to receive our emails and bookmark our items in other social networking services. We try to ensure everything passes muster, but Medium makes no guarantee that any information provided or accessed on or through the site is accurate, current or complete. Your use of the information we provide or that you obtain on or through the site is at your own risk. If you think something looks fishy, please let us know. You agree that you will not hold Medium liable for any inaccurate, incomplete, outdated or missing information provided on or through the site.
We want everyone to use Medium, so you may use the site without registration (i.e., without signing up with a name, email address and password). However, in order to access or use some aspects of the site, you will need to register for an account. Your account is for your sole, personal use. You may not allow others to use your account and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. If someone else wants an account, they can easily sign up themselves. We ask that the email address you provide when you register be a valid email address for you. We encourage, but do not require, that the user name you provide be your real name. You are responsible for the security of your password and will be solely liable for any use or unauthorized use under such password. Therefore, if you share a computer with others, don’t allow your Internet browser to automatically save your password.
You understand that the content you submit on the site, will be the property of Medium as long as it is live for it’s users.
While we encourage people to be honest and post what’s on their mind, communities thrive when people care about each other, and as such, Medium expects all of its users to be respectful of others. This means that whether you are being complimentary or critical, whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with the subject of an article or another user’s comment, you should act in a civil manner and refrain from personal attacks – after all, these are your neighbours.
By using the site, you agree that you will not hold Medium responsible or liable for any content or information from other users that you access on or through the site.
You are solely responsible for your content that you post on the site or transmit to other users. Without limitation, you agree that your content that you post or transmit to other users using the site will not include any content that:
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane or offensive;
- infringes or violates another party’s intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other materials that you do not own, or for which you do not have written consent from the owner of such materials to post on the site);
- violates anyone’s right of publicity or right of privacy;
- is threatening or harassing, or that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- promotes or encourages violence;
- is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
- is illegal or promotes any illegal activities;
- promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of another person’s copyrighted work or links to them or providing information to circumvent security measures;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
Our Proprietary Rights
We work hard on our content and other materials and require that you don’t steal them.