You can accomplish ANYTHING, big or small, once you master one core “make it or break it” skill. Everyone is at its mercy, from kings to commoners. It will either make you or break you.
Now, this skill is unique because it can either work for you or against you. If you don’t learn how to manage it, it’s the one thing guaranteed to hold you back.
What is it? It’s the art of mastering your own beliefs.
In short, it’s the ability to actively influence what you believe as opposed to letting your beliefs control you. It’s setting aside time to learn new things, and let those new things actively change your beliefs. To constantly challenge your viewpoints, to not just take things at face value.
So many people are too lazy to form and manage their own belief system. They rely on others to just tell them how to think and live.
If you want to succeed you must take the time to challenge and change your limiting beliefs.
This isn’t about “being positive” or “finding motivation“… This is different. This is about changing the core of what makes you, you… it isn’t easy, but it’s incredibly important.
Why do you have to change? Because the limited beliefs you’ve held up to this point haven’t gotten you to where you want to be.
You may believe…
- “I don’t have enough money to start a business”
- “I don’t have a skill that could help people”
- “I don’t have what it takes to become an entrepreneur”
- “I can’t stay healthy because I’m too lazy”
These can either be passing thoughts, or they can be entrenched beliefs. You have to ask yourself are these based on actual evidence, or did you just accept the voice in your head at face value?
We all face these kinds of beliefs, we inherit them from our environment and our choices.
But just because something has been true in the past doesn’t always mean it’s true now or in the future. Remember that.
So how do we actually change our beliefs?
People might laugh, or make fun of those who are dedicated to living a life of learning. The irony is that those who laugh and waste their time living for the weekends, won’t live a life nearly as fulfilling as those who master the skill of changing their beliefs.
You reap what you sow. It’s a realization that we either learn to leverage or we ignore.
If you want to change, if you understand that your beliefs are often at the core of what’s holding you back, the first step is fairly easy. You have to make a choice, a principle based choice, to take in more knowledge and work at advancing your understanding so that you can build better beliefs.
It is what you can’t just rely on removing limiting beliefs, you need to replace them with beliefs that move you forward.
Here are 10 beliefs that Steve Siebold, the author of “How Rich People Think,” and a self-made millionaire, shared in his business insider post.
You can use these as a foundation to start replacing your old limiting beliefs.
- In a free-market economy, anyone can make as much money as they want.
- Your background, highest level of education, or IQ is irrelevant when it comes to earning money.
- The fastest way to make money is to solve a problem. The bigger the problem you solve, the more money you make.
- Don’t listen to the naysayers who tell you that life is supposed to be a struggle and that you should settle and be grateful for what you have.
- Expect to make more money. For this one, you have to think big. $100,000, $500,000, or why not $1 million?
- Lose the fear and scarcity mindset and start seeing money for all the good things: freedom, opportunity, possibility, and abundance.
- Being rich isn’t a privilege. Being rich is a right. If you create massive value for others, you have the right to be as rich as you want.
- Don’t wait for your ship to come in. You’re not going to be discovered, saved, or made rich by an outside force. If you want a lot of money, build your own ship. No one is coming to the rescue.
- Stop worrying about running out of money and focus on how to make more. Constantly worrying about money is no way to live. Dream about money, instead.
- Stop telling yourself that getting rich is outside of your control. The truth is that making money is an inside job.
Makes sense right? It may be worth writing or printing these out as a reminder.
However, you can’t just stop here, you can’t just take these things at face value. You need to find evidence, you need to research, you need to learn to love investigating. I’m not saying these are wrong, but until you research and test things they’re just thoughts, not beliefs.